The Jags’ Season Comes to an Exciting Finish

(Photo courtesy of @FCJagsFootball)

Sean Clary, Staff Writer

The Jags defeated the J.E.B. Stuart Raiders, 35-14, on Friday, November 6, to keep the bell for the fourth year in a row. The Jags unfortunately fell short of the playoffs despite finishing the season 4-6. The outcome of the Bell Game was perfect for senior night in which seniors Saad Ashraf, Alex Rumingan, Eric Brinkley, Sean Clary, Victor Guevara, Gelsy Serrano, Jorge Rosado, Daniel McKee, Anthony Crutchfield, Tucker Smith, Christian Lee, Michael Reid, Kevyn Ventura, Keith Bell, Mike Williams, Ivan Zelaya, Rudy Mejia, and Erick Samayoa completed a perfect Bell Game record by keeping it four years in a row.

The Jags displayed a balance of a powerful running game and a strong passing game against the Raiders. The Jags came back from an early 14 point deficit to score 35 unanswered points which assured that the bell would stay here at Falls Church. Senior outside linebacker Daniel McKee scored the go ahead pick 6 touchdown early in the third quarter in which it “felt amazing to put us in the lead.” The pick 6 really changed the momentum of the game and got the rest of the team ecstatic to compete for the bell.

The future of Falls Church football is in good hands with sophomore quarterback Luke Saia and sophomore cornerback Jalen Faust making it into the starting lineup this year. Junior Tyler Warren will be the only returning captain next year and his leadership on and off the field will certainly carry on to his senior year. Leadership was one of the major strong suits for the Jags in 2015 and is one of the reasons why this program has been so successful over the past few years.

The seniors have worked hard for the last four years in the weight room and on the practice field, a fact which is put on display every Friday night during the season. The season has come to an end but the seniors have a lot of work left with college opportunities and future plans in general. Football season really kicks off the school year and after another season of Jaguar football it looks like Falls Church is set up for another great year.