Leadership Raises Excitement for the Homecoming Dance

Jia Williams, Feature Editor

This is Leadership working hard on the banners for Homecoming
(Photo Courtesy of Ms. Sherman)

As the season grows colder and football season draws to a close, the buzz about the Homecoming dance has started to become more noticeable. Students are asking out dates, buying tickets, and going shopping for new dresses and formal wear to prepare for the big day. Some are even going out to buy items for the upcoming Spirit Week.
The Falls Church Homecoming dance is set for Saturday, October 21 in the gym lobby and will run from 8 to 11 p.m. With tickets being sold during all lunches for only $10, there is sure to be a large number of students in attendance. The theme this year is Hollywood and was voted for by Falls Church’s very own students. There will be food and drinks, good music, and pretty decorations to top it all off.
In prior years, the Homecoming dance has had lackluster reviews, but this year the Leadership students are going the extra mile and doing whatever they can to prevent these feelings again. Micaela Gray (11), a leadership student, says, “One of our main goals this year is to make sure everyone has a good time and that the dance meets their expectations. We’re hoping to get everybody excited and full of energy with the spirit days and pep rally.”
Also leading up to the dance is Spirit Week, the pep rally, and the Homecoming football game the night before the dance. During the week, students and faculty will be able to showcase their school pep and spirit through the different spirit days. At halftime of the homecoming game, students and their class officers will also be able to parade the floats they have worked on for the last four weeks.
The Homecoming court will also be announced sometime in the week, so it is important to keep an eye out for the exciting news. Throughout all this excitement, we should all take time to acknowledge the hard work of the Leadership students and Ms. Sherman in organizing the dance and making it possible to enjoy. They have spent much of their own time organizing Spirit Week, making decorations, and selling tickets to make sure this can be a memorable night for all of us. The dance is meant for students to have fun and connect with their peers, and they have helped to make sure it happens. So don’t forget to stay safe and have a good time.