Annual FCPS College Fair to Be Held on Oct. 16-17

By attending the FCPS College Fair, you’ll be one step closer to having a college pennant of your own, just like these in Ms. Foster’s Career Center office. (Photo by Adam Bihi)

Adam Bihi, News an Opinion Editor

If you’re a hopeful college student who wants to hear from representatives from every college and gain knowledgeable information about important things like financial aid, things to do at a university, and meet people who have things to say about your dream college, then the annual FCPS College Fair is the place to be!
On October 16 and 17, the annual Fairfax County Public Schools College Fair will be open for admission and available for any students who are starting to take the next step and prepare for their college career. The county invites around 800 schools and at least 450 attend. Colleges like the University of Southern California, Texas A&M, and Syracuse will be in attendance with representatives from each school having a booth. The fair will be located at Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The person responsible for informing Falls Church High School students is Mrs. Foster who is charge of the Career Center and helping students with getting into college. Mrs. Foster said that “Our goal with the College Fair program is to inform students who plan on pursuing education after high school by giving them all the details they need to know about colleges and universities that they plan on attending in the future.”
Jonathan Perdomo (10) says that “Even though I’m in AVID and I’m expected to learn about colleges and how they work, I like how the college fair makes things easier for me to understand and I hope that some of my favorite colleges are there.”
Chandi Kanhai (10) remarked, “I’m trying to go to MIT and I hope that the College Fair will give me an understanding of extracurriculars and activities that colleges expect to see on my résumé and I believe that it is never too early to start planning for your future.”
Sanjay Venkatesan (11) said, “Even though I will be starting college very soon, I can appreciate the College Fair for still helping out people like me when my high school career is coming to a close end and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me.”
If you are interested in the prospect of visiting the College Fair on October 16 and 17, please visit Mrs. Foster at the Career Center near the main office for more information and please remember, it’s never too early or too late to think about life after high school.