What Are Your Spring Break Plans?

Getty Images/Flickr RF

(Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com)

William Rhodes, Photo Editor

Spring Break is right around the corner, and is one of the students’ favorite breaks. This time of the school year is almost always the most stressful, and you are realizing that the school year is almost over and it is crunch time for all of your classes. That is especially true if you take any AP classes because the AP test dates are looming in the not-so-distant future. The reason it is one of the favorite breaks is that it provides students with that much needed reprieve from the stress of school.

For students, Spring Break is the official start of spring, which means summer is getting closer. Because of that many students want to go somewhere warm and sunny like the Caribbean. That is exactly what junior Campbell Scheuerman is doing: “My family and I are going on a Celebrity Cruise down to Cozumel in Mexico, where we are going to enjoy the beaches and do a food tour of local places. The cruise also stops in Ochos Rios, Jamaica where we are going swimming and hiking. The last stop we are going is Grand Cayman Island. We will be swimming with stingrays and going on a snorkeling excursion.”

Another junior, Hannah McMullin, is also going to someplace warm and sunny: “For spring break my family and I are going to charter catamarans out of Ft. Lauderdale and sail them to Bimini in the Bahamas. While we are there I’m going to snorkel and enjoy the beaches.”

While most people want to go someplace tropical, Spring Break is also a great time to explore other parts of the world. Izan Ashraf, a junior, is going to Italy and Turkey: “This year my family and I are going to Italy and Turkey. In Italy I am visiting Rome and Venice, which I hear are both amazing. In Turkey I am going to visit and stay in Istanbul, which I am very excited about.”

Whether you are going someplace tropical and warm or someplace historical, Spring Break is the perfect time to de-stress and relax before the end of the school year.